Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Western Media Bias Against India

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by GSLV Mk III, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Aww look how offended a colonial apologist is when I compared his glorious empire with DPRK.

You don't want this to happen? Then don't celebrate your empire.

2. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Historical fact bro'. You had 6 empires before you were invaded and 3 European nations invaded you, not just the UK.

Oh there is a difference, the fact we're here having this conversation is proof of that.

3. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Why would I apologise for the Empire, I had nothing to do with it, just as you were unaffected by it, anymore than a BLM protester was affected by slavery.

I didn't celebrate the Empire anywhere. It seems to be you who's offended when I compare the British Empire to the Cholas.

DPRK on the other hand is not an empire. It has not progressed the world in industry or science, it's merely a backwards Stalinist gulag, being propped up by China for strategic reasons, at the expense of the human rights of North Koreans.

omya likes this.
  4. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Yeah, some guy on quora said that Chola empire was brutal.

No matter how hard you try, the colonial apologist inside you can't stop making such comments.

In other words, you are saying 'be thankful that we didn't kill all of you'.

5. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    You already did it many times on this forum. Just a few hours earlier you said that the victims at Jalianwala Bagh deserved it.

Which is exactly why I compared it with Manchester bombings.

And many Brits do this. That reddit thread is just another example of how the empire is perceived in the UK and how it's crimes are whitewashed.

Doesn't matter. The voices of people who were affected went unheard and it's up to us to tell the world about what kind of savages the British actually were and what our ancestors fought for.

And this is quite significant because the very idea of the British empire is still romanticized & celebrated in the western 'Anglophone' world. It's not like they don't know that the empire thrived on oppression & exploitation of the 'lesser race'- so much for all the preaching about human rights & egalitarianism.

Even worse, it is still portrayed as some sort of 'civilizing mission', which is extremely demeaning to millions of it's victims not to talk about the thousands who laid down their lives fighting it (mostly non violently).

So it would be ungrateful on our part to not talk colonialism.

And I did see you claiming that 'We freed the Jews'. I don't think you were around during WW2, were you?

That exactly is the white saviour mentality I was talking about- British WW2 efforts are celebrated but it's colonial crimes are dismissed as something that happened eons ago.

You do & your compatriots do. End of story.

Coming back to that reddit thread, the reaction of any common, non racist man would have been denouncement & expressing grief. But that's not what happened there & the reason for that is obvious.

This is something common with Brits- while visiting Jalianwala Bagh your two imperial pricks, Queen and Prince Charles never said a single word about the massacre, but questioned the death count.

Stupidity doesn't offend me, it is something to be laughed at.

Same way, the British empire didn't help India progress in either industry or science and kept us backward at the expense of our human rights, while exploiting us.
    Regardless, the end result was death of millions of human beings.

Yes, the Nazis were stupid enough to spend millions in adopting industrialized methods - building gas chambers- while they could always adopt British technique of starving people to death.

This is exactly what is described as whataboutism.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    _Anonymous_ likes this.
  6. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    It's not up to the offender to declare that.

Look how offended someone is. :lol:

If Kim can be considered as evil for executing people by cannon, British empire too was evil for doing the same.

Two different standards cannot be applied to these cases.

But the problem is that Britons don't think so & this is exactly what is described as 'hypocrisy'.

Anyway my series on 'British Hypocrisy' would continue.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  7. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    All medieval empires were brutal, there were no exceptions.

Again, it's not an apology. You said the British Empire were the same as the Nazis, I merely pointed out that they were not due to the fact you are here.

8. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    If the perpetrators are all dead, the crime is spent.

It's true though. You are here to defend Chinese interests and do it by flinging mud at Britain based on century-old history and then slipping in a 'poor misunderstood Kim Jong Un' post in the middle of it. It's moral cowardice. If you want to defend North Korea, do it without trying to muddy the water, if you dare.

Two different standards can be applied, because all peoples either did or tried do evil things in the past, so we can only rationally concentrate on those who are still doing it. Whereas your approach is one of two wrongs make a right. E.g. North Korea is right because of British Empire.

9. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Well the British method must have been very inefficient, since more Indians have died of hunger and malnutrition since independence than under British rule, even with aid money and modern technology.

10. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    From the Indian perspective , the Nazis were Godsend in that they precipitated WW-2 and helped dissolve the BE , which in any case would cease to exist in due course but not without much Indian blood being spilt .

I reckon most ex colonies can say the same .

From the humanitarian PoV and the European PoV , the Nazis were definitely evil incarnate .But they didn't do anything that the Europeans didn't subject their colonies too , except in a much more organised way and on a massive scale .

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  11. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    Citations and references please .

12. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Only because they never got as far as India and started gassing you too.

Ditto for other colonies.

Aside from attempting to exterminate a race.

13. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  14. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    I think I was quite clear in my post to yours , where in I've asked for deaths due to famine whether natural or man-made .

Please check out the Bengal famine for a start and the particularly odious role played by that pimp of Indian prosperity and colonization - Churchmouse , someone whom the Brits eulogise .While you're at it , please also check for the statements in justification of the role he played in this sordid affair .

This a classic example of a man made famine .Another glaring example would be that of the CCP under the chairmanship of Mao during the 4 Pests campaign and the Great Leap Forward and the resultant man made famine which far far exacerbated a natural famine that cost an estimated 25 - 30 million lives .Please cite any such similar instance in post independent India .

We may or may not have the world's most malnourished population or even the most healthy population . One can put it down to the grossly underperforming FCI - Food Corporation of India , where mismanagement , corruption and incompetence in legendary even by Indian standards .The same is true for primary health , sanitation and education where the resources deployed are poor to begin with .

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  15. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    Which entirely justifies our nonchalance to them and their reputation as opposed to visceral hatred for your countrymen .For they did unto you or at least attempted to what your countrymen did unto us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.