Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Why China Could Declare a South China Sea ADIZ Right About Now

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by Martian, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Martian

Martian Captain SENIOR MEMBER

One China, Crimea, and Mongolia De-Recognized

After 45 years, the United States has de-recognized One China. President Trump claims Taiwan is not part of China.

In 1954, the Soviet Union/Russia gave Crimea to Ukraine. In 2014, Russian President Putin de-recognized Crimea and annexed it back to Russia.

Similarly, China should de-recognize Mongolia and restore the historical situation prior to 1945. Outer Mongolia should be re-attached to China.
    ----------

Why China Could Declare a South China Sea ADIZ Right About Now | The National Interest

[​IMG]

2. lca-fan

lca-fan Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    http://indiandefence.com/threads/do...be-war-with-china-in-the-next-few-year.57826/

Read this

3. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Follow thread opening rules - http://indiandefence.com/threads/thread-opening-rules.56375/
    This will be deleted.

lca-fan and PARIKRAMA like this.
  4. Martian

Martian Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I couldn't care less if you delete it.

My comment exists on The National Interest. It is also available on AsiaWind and Defence Forum India (Another Indian forum).

There is something wrong with your forum. My comment is perfectly acceptable to The National Interest, AsiaWind, and Defence Forum India. However, you are making the ridiculous claim that my comment and post is unacceptable on Indian Defence Forum (IDF).

Your attempt to censor me is pointless. I have made this exact point in the comment section of The Washington Post, Asia Times, and other mainstream media.

My comment regarding re-annexing Mongolia is also present in the comment sections of IHS Jane's online website and articles.

IDF isn't that important to me, because it is a minor forum. I will stop posting in your forum. Have a good day.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  5. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Have you opened the link? I was pointing out your use of modified title on the thread which is against forum rules. Just edit it to original and everything is fine.
    I don't care what your comments on mangolia are. Because it is just that, another comment.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  6. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Oh wow, so you just claim various places. Taiwan hasn't been part of China since 1948 regardless of what was/wasn't recognised. It functioned independently in terms of politics, legislation, judiciary, policing, military, taxation... everything. It has in fact been far more independent than the UK over the last 25 years. Furthermore, it doesn't want to be part of China. Crimea did want to be part of Russia, and therein lies the HUGE difference. China is just a re-branded version of the USSR, rehashed Soviet aggression, and NATO has plenty of nukes to keep you in your box and set said box on fire if need be.

7. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Angel or Devil? Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    No misleading titles.. no doctored titles as well.. edited now.. pls don't repeat

Regards,

8. Roybot

Roybot FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Does China decide this historical cut off point arbitrarily?

What happens if say Mongolia wanted to restore the historical situation of the 13th century?

9. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Well that's just it. Merging of countries and unions should only be done by agreement or not at all. I mean, wouldn't it be great if Britain claimed an 18th century baseline? Don't think anyone wants that kind of attempt at restoring historic borders and realms and only China and maybe NK seem intent on doing it.

10. venureddy

venureddy Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    cause there is something seriously wrong with their communist mindset.

11. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Exactly, the Communist mindset always has been an aggressive expansionist one. USSR, Vietnam during 70s and 80s, now China. The only problem is that the government has been made far too popular by the West sending jobs and intellectual property their way, so unlike the USSR, there is no resentment of the government internally.

12. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    ================

Kingdoms Rise...Then They Fall....Others Take their Place....This is what has been going on since centuries....​

================

The UK rised...Then it Fell...
    The Countries at helm of things now...Will fall eventually...

New Powers Rise...(As we are witnessing now...)
    And they dictate the rules....Until Such a time...That Another Power Rises...

================

Let's be frank here...

Mongolia Can't do Jack to China *NOW*....They were mighty once...Not *NOW*...
    The only major power that can try is the US....

India shouldn't even think about doing anything more than Diplomacy...

What I am trying to say is that the PRC is completely capable of doing this....That is how they are...There is no second guessing to the fact that they are an 'Expansionist Power'...And the world if anything is the survival of the fittest....

If Mongolia gets taken over its not PRC's mistake that they didn't respect Mongolia's Sovereignty.... It's Mongolia's mistake that they failed to protect themselves....
    The world is not a fairly tale....It's a damn war...

But again...I can't claim to know what the Communist Party of China Decides...I just know for a fact that they are capable of doing it....

13. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Stop being an overly sensitive character!

Your point is exactly what the Chinese thought process is about. Maybe you should exapand on that.

I could not agree more with what you have delved on. Only your rant above is spoiling a perfectly great topic to write in.

Suggest you start a thread more aptly titled about this. And include the loss of Chinese influence in early part of 19th century in Outer Mongolia (present day Siberia), impact of Trans Siberian Network and decimation of the Qing Empire in the era and loss of Chinese influence over CARs to a belligerent Russian Empire maneuvering to gain ascendancy as China was opened by West and Japan on its Eastern Coast from Opium Wars to Japanese expansionism.

I will be glad to add on the angle of why Russia will not be with China over a longer frame of time and why it shall always need India because of precisely these reasons.

randomradio and Agent_47 like this.
  14. venureddy

venureddy Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    no the people of china are actually quite pissed off at chinese regime. but they are afraid of the brutality of that communist regime. just read about atrocities committed by chinese regime against falungong. i guess @Martian can offer his communistic views on this.

15. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Exactly, the Chinese mainland is a nation that was essentially stolen from Taiwan in 1948 by Communists. Yet somehow they think that makes Taiwan similar to Crimea, which was given to Ukraine by Russia during a time when they were both in the USSR. They really are a special bunch the Chinese but then I guess they take the same approach with other people's countries as they do with other people's intellectual property.