Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Why India’s Tejas MK-2 might have Israel’s Lavi fate due American lobbying!

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by lca-fan, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Let me tell you one thing. My question is clear. Can it work according to the operational requirements of its clients? Which is hot and cold tests in all areas? It failed in Leh. Yes or No.

You dont need to justify ur lack of arguements with complete set of unrelated items.

Tejas is better than our Legacy fighters. Better than JF17. You are biased beyond hope when u tell that its inferior than Mig21,27. Bye. Dont quote me.

zebra7, Angel Eyes and Blackjay like this.
  2. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    F-16 is a superb aircraft as demonstrated across the world for the past few decades.

The 5th generation F-16B70 just takes it up a few notches

Which IAF AFS can it not take off from where other fighter aircraft operate from?

Name one with proof. Or stop your campaign to malign and degrade the IAF

You are the Prime Minister of India to choose a better light combat aircraft than F-16/Gripen?

What is Tejas Mk1A ?

Does it even exist?

From where do you make such tables?

Any concrete IAF or MoD data to back it up?

Anyone can use excel.

Tejas is a hopeless junk and Modi as part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan will get rid of this flying junk

What failed in Leh? Stop the BS

Tejas is not better than either Mig21 in air to air combat or Mig27 is air to ground combat or Mig23 in air to air or air to ground.

Thats what Modi, Dhanoa and NS know and thats all that matters when they take Tejas to Shamshan Ghat.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM
  3. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

lol. ok bs :')

Angel Eyes likes this.
  4. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The F-16 failed to take off from Leh. Seriously dude stop.

@Agent_47 @randomradio @Hellfire

How is this guy posting nonsense on all LCA f16 threads?

Neither does the F-16 Block 7o with all the bells and whistles promised. Its only on the drawing board.

The Tejas which you deride so often for a start takes off and lands from Leh, which your beloved F-16 whichever block has failed despite an attempt by an Israeli team.

And thats why they ordered 123 of them. Smart.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM
  5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Youngman, I do not have to share anything about my sources with you. I made a statement here, you rebuffed it. It ends there.
    Regarding yo0ur assertion that Modi will dump this project, Let me tell you that any project can get killed in India except LCA. IAF was given a rap on the knuckles for the funny and most stupid objections they raised when Parrikar was RM. IAF had no answer to most of their objections with respect to LCA MK1A.

Rajaraja Chola and Shekhar Singh like this.
  6. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

The opposite is the case! IAF don't wanted more MK1s and insisted on upgrades to have an operational viable LCA (MK2). The government had no choice and forced ADA to develop a compromise solution, which IAF then gratiously accepted. LCA MK1A is still below the program goals and IAF agreed to suffer on operational quality, to keep the production running. They were not forced, because nobody can force them to buy LCAs, just as IN couldn't be forced. The government can only influence ADA or DRDO and that's what the MK1A development or the scrapping of Kaveri was about.

7. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Make constructive arguments not BS assumptions and conjunctions.

Shekhar Singh and Blackjay like this.
  8. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Don't know from where are you cooking all this.

IAF is still to issue ASQR for LCA MK1A and have recently finalized it. So their is no question of LCA MK1A still below program goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzJ0ZjHFq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJCcQiU6q48

MK1A aka MK1 SOP18 was agreed in the meeting with the ADA/DRDO/HAL, MOD, and IAF and stop calling forced them to buy LCA. Even USAF demanded F22, and no body call F35 forced into it.

When was Kaveri scrapped ?? It was only delinked from the LCA program.

Angel Eyes likes this.
  9. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    To take off with full weapon and fuel load, under prescribed take off length, in which underpower, over wt., and underdog did that with no issue plus engine ignition in 3 chances, after the plane was kept in open in cold weather, with their fuel pump soaked in water for a night, in which Desi Fuel pump passed all tests.

10. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

The requirements for LCA as a whole were TWR of 1, speed of Mach 1.8, G limits of 9..., all which won't be achieved without higher thrust engine and design changes.
    That's why IAF wanted the MK2 upgrade in the first place and that won't change in the cut down version of MK1A either. So yes, MK1A still will be below the development goals of the LCA program.

Where did I said that?

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...e-delinked-from-the-Tejas/article15311521.ece

https://www.oneindia.com/amphtml/be...roject-gtre-gets-revival-package-1565505.html

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 3:37 AM
  11. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Are you serious? I haven't heard anything the US has of 5th Gen beyond the F-22 and F-35.

Shekhar Singh likes this.
  12. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    Since you are not an official IAF spoke persons, I would like to know, from which IAF officials statements you heard of such requirement and specifically all the specific and precise parameters, to show to the whole world, including the adversaries the real capability, and the specification.

1. TWR of 1
    2. Speed of Mach 1.8
    and
    3. G Limit of 9 (This is the most funny part LOL)

Sirji, ASQR of IAF for MK1A is not drafted yet, leave aside MK2 -- Which you could discuss till death, but it is actually Carrier capable, navalized version for deck operation, which required powerful engine.

OK you said GOI forced ADA to do that -- Already told you MK1 SOP18 was decided in the meeting between all the parties, in which it is decided, that the 83 units will have X band AESA MMR, inflight refuel probe, and several other recommendation layed by the IAF.

Did you heard Delinked from the Tejas program means it will be used when ready, till an alternative powerplant, and here in this case GE F404/414 which was the plan B would be used, and is different than the Scrapped.

13. sunny6611

sunny6611 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

The B60 engine is capable of 145KN but reduced to 132KN

why was this reduction done ?

14. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I am aware of it and for this reason in my comparison of fighters, I had taken B70 thrust to be 142KN. The reduction was done as the aircraft did not require such high thrust.

15. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think i am the only one making reality based arguments not in fantasy world of LSA, MSA, AMCA when reality is IJT-36 Sitara has failed.

However i understand the forum and certain moderators are deeply biased against IAF.

Now even FGFA getting cancelled and no 2018 delivery which is what the anti-rafale anti-F-16 anti IAF, paid trolls said before Rafale deal signed