Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Why Navy’s rejection of Naval LCA is wrong

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by layman, Apr 16, 2017.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    @Sancho, I am posting from ADA website.
    upload_2017-4-17_18-36-1.png upload_2017-4-17_18-36-54.png

Compare the specs of two aircraft and tell me which of these will be piss poor in performance. Do you still doubt the decision of IN?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    layman and PARIKRAMA like this.
  2. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    @Sancho, NLCA MK2 will be 84cms longer than IAF MK2, will have a 70cms increase in wing span and a larger wing area with much stronger under carriage, yet having same thrust levels. Who will go for such an aircraft? can you compare IAF MK2 with NLCA Mk2 in any manner?
    @Picdelamirand-oil, @PARIKRAMA @BON PLAN

BON PLAN and PARIKRAMA like this.
  3. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

The specs of NLCA MK2 doesn't matter, since your claim was about LCA MK1A to be lighter than and with good performance, but there is no reliable source to back that up.
    So diverting to NLCA MK2 and go into even more speculations doesn't make sense.

4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, pls read the heading of this thread. It has always been about NLCA. I have posted you data from ADA website and you still do not want to believe it. ADA is proposing two different airframes to meet the needs of IAF & IN. They are not same aircraft.

5. Sancho

And IAFs MK2 will be 50cm longer than the MK2 they will get as well. It's just another compromise they have to take because it was a mistake to design the fighter so small with limited space.

6. Sancho

Lol our discussions was on the weight of Mk1and MK1A, based on your claims. So either you want to distract now, or you now also might think that the 5.5t claim is nor realistic.
    Besides I always stated that NLCA MK2 is a waste, so my point hasn't changed.

vstol jockey likes this.
  7. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Would think it would we difficult to plan on using a plane that was doubt if it would continue to be produced.

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    If you read my earliest replies, that is what I stated. But the design is good as far as what IAF laid down even in 1997. It is just not fit for IN.

9. The enlightened

The enlightened 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

This is completely illogical. If the IN was convinced from the beginning that MK-II would also fail to meet the requirements and just be 'a useless Tech demo', they would have stopped it at its initiation in 2009 and not in 2016! Nothing in the quotes suggest that it was entirely an ADA scheme and the Navy got dragged along unwillingly. That's just your own imagination!

And this is what you said b4.
    Contradicted by you yourself:lol:

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    PLS SIR, I never made that claim. ADA & HAL did. I know for sure that it is nearly impossible based on my very nascent knowledge of aircraft designs.

11. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Lot jobs and political reputation, money keep a lot of projecting going. I once pulled the plug on a business that had 180 employees, not easy.

vstol jockey likes this.
  12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    For once, I agree with you.

13. Sancho

First of all NLCA MK1 is the tech demo and that's the version IN committed themselfs to.
    Secondly, when ADA, DRDO or HAL wants to develop a product, NLCA, Arjun, or HTT40, that's on them, not the forces! They will only ask the forces what the basic requirements would be, to be used and the forces obviously will reply. Nothing more happen in the case of NLCA MK2, but the delays in the tech demo program and the not convining proposal of NLCA MK2, lead to the rejection.

Lol of course not, nobody said that, but what it show, is what I stated, that the project was and ADA project and not from IN.

Please try again, because my statement remains to be true, since the navy chief confirms that they wait for ADA to propose a suitable fighter.
    Personally, I am even disappointed by that and think the navy should be more offensive take the lead in such a project. In fact they should had lobbied at ADA and MoD to develop AMCA as a carrier fighter first.

14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Pls be very clear, IN will never put money for a TD. It is the job of GOI and respective organisation. ADA stated that they can deliver a NLCA which they have failed to do miserably. You asked me for sources. I have given you what ADA has on its website. So please stop making a fool of yourself and smell the coffee. You have no arguments to support your POV and denounce the decision of IN.

15. Sancho

Your are repeating the same things, but that doesn't make it true some how.
    We know that MK1 has overweight, but not specifically it'a gear.
    We know that Airbus was hired to fix the gear of NLCA, not LCA.
    We know from the official ADA websites and plenty of brochures, that the weight is 6560Kg for IAFs MK1.
    We know that the ballast weight was replaced in MK1A, which translated into weight increase.