Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Why Prime Minister Narendra Modi has already won the demonetisation gambit

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by anant_s, Nov 18, 2016.

1. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Its not an "Indian thing", it is everywhere in the world, almost every empire ever build in history relied on "traitors" or "greedy". Its basic human nature to pursue what they deem to be right irrespective of what others think, in your definition it can be treachery, greediness in their believes its the way forward.

Maybe you need to read more about history of world and civilization if you think it is somehow greater in India or Indians.

SrNair, Levina, A_poster and 2 others like this.
  2. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Modis policy has worked for the middle class and has helped identify small time black money hoarding crooks. The lower strata of society is facing a horrible time. My maid has no food at home, with three small kids to tend to. Small farmers cant sow post the rains. There are millions of people suffering. Balls to the BJP this time for not implementing a good idea appropriately and at the right time. Most inefficient cabinet riding their luck on low fuel prices. Let me see this govt functions when crude is 140 $ a barrel and it will be interesting to see what these bunch of fools come up with (Barring a few like Sushsmaji, Parrikar, Prabhu). I am beginning to lose trust in this govt. Signing big defense deals and FDI investments are not the solution to social and economic woes of the bulk of the population. Revamped judicial and education system is the only solution. NO one takes this seriously. First it was that FATSO smriti irani now its an idiot called javadekar. USA is able to thrive because its a educational powerhouse. EDUCATION folks. EDUCATION. and yes DIGITALIZE THE JUDICIARY . First things first Modiji.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Abingdonboy likes this.
  3. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
    and rich fucks like pawar who owns half of Nashik have no black money?? What about that poor old lady Sonia ? And Gadkari ? KArunanidhi ? Amit Shah ? Top business tycoons ? Real estate developers ?? These people need to be caught first. The govt is running after small fish when the sharks are swimming freely.

4. BlackOpsIndia

Country Flag:
    India
    Just one question, JNU se aaye ho?

5. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Politicians are a reflection of the people. When a leader who conducts the types of politics Kejriwal does for example and promises a tonne of free impossible stuff like electricity, water etc and wins a resounding majority like he did in Delhi, even after that controversial first term, that's an indictment of the people of Delhi as much as anything. People in UP and even more so Bihar talk about Jungle Raj and Gunda Raj, they act surprised that as soon as Laloo came back into power this year all these high profile criminals came out of the woodworks, but this Jungle Raj is an indictment of the people of UP/Bihar who vote for these leaders.

I used to see the stats of how many sitting parliament members are criminals and rapists and have charges/cases going on and get pissed off, then I realized that these people are the ones getting votes, not the clean/honest politicians. Criminals become MP's because the people vote for criminals.

So then this is what you get.

6. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It has been always like that.Sometimes it seems Chinese are right.
    We are good in big talks .But always a failure in implementation.

And a good leader would always formulate his/her policies for long term benefits of the nation.
    A leader like that would give importance to the nation instead of his political future and vote bank

7. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This is Stupid Move by BJP , People who have Black money can find diff ways to make it white . and since when honest citizen keeping Cash in had is a crime ?
    does Modi wants us to keep all our money in the bank ? do we really trust the bank so much ? i dont . to catch a Few thieves in the Forest Modi Burnt the entire Forest . the currency is Promise made by the Govt which has now been broken . even if there is Fake currency u can simply bring in the new and let people exchange it in a few months or so . they Do that in the USA all the time . i support Modi his intentions were good but Execution was very bad .

8. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
    You have trouble reading my comment and understanding english?

9. dadeechi

dadeechi Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It is not the system of government but the leader who makes the difference.

SrNair, Kalmuahlaunda and anant_s like this.
  10. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Actually this decision to lower limit to 2000 rupees is a good one. I live in a newly built locality with my parents, and whole area is composed either of newly built multistorey buildings, or under-construction one. Here what is happening is that thekedars and builders are hiring upto 100 people for rupee 500/- to get tokens from various banks (there are three) and jump from bank to bank in a gang. They withdraw rupees 4500/- and keep Rs500/- with themselves and give rs 4000/- back to thekedar. It is due to this reason why even though being most sparsely populated area in whole NCR ,where there were barely ten people visiting bank on a given day, there are kilometer long lines in front of three bank branches that are there in area. This lowering is limit is good for that.

We got money only after SBI started separate queue for its customers. Before that, it was professional waiters that were getting the money. These days ,banks have started opening your account ,if you visit them to exchange money and have none before.

dadeechi likes this.
  11. BlackOpsIndia

Country Flag:
    India
    In a nation of 1.25 Billion you wipe off 86% of currency in a second and you still think thekedars are occupying the line infront of the bank? There may be some like this but there are plenty genuine people, that ink idea was to get rid of thekedars, isn't it? So why limit the exchange now? Even if thekedar can white few thousands or say lacs out of crores should we punish even genuine people for it?

This is absurd defence that you need increase pressure on all and make genuine people suffer as some people are abusing the system, you need to understand 86% of currency is gone, this is far tooooo big amount to be compensated in many months. You said you wish to become strategist (if I remember) did you read how RBI regulate monetary policy? Why they just marginally increase decrease the CRR and other rates? Do you know about the current Gov. Urjit Patel? His previous work? Recommendations of the committee he headed? Just wait a few months when economic data start coming, you will understand better why RBI manage monetary policy like that.

There is no question people will abuse the system but for that, you cant punish genuine people, even our justice department runs on letting go thousands of murderers than to punish an innocent. They must atleast open extra counters to open a bank account of people so that they can deposit and withdraw, currently, the rush at banks is too big to go inside in hours forget to open the account. You want to burn all bad people, great, fantastic, fine, but make sure not many innocents lose their life in that, necessary safeguards are must to protect innocents even if it require letting go offenders.

Sadly it feels like an argument to support carpet bombing of Syrian civilians as ISIS is hiding among them.

12. Levina

Levina Guest

History?
    Have you wondered why when compared to other countries we have had lesser number of wars? Capturing cities and kingdoms were a cake walk for the foreigners who bribed the commanders and guards. Almost always, there was very little resistance. I do not want to portray my ancestors in a bad light but this is a fact.
    Our temples get "offerings" because people believe that even god can be bribed. The national character is faced with an endemic rot.
    Sub-continent has always been populated, for example cities like Varanasi is one of the oldest known city to be continuously inhabited. Higher population meant more competition and what better way to circumvent competition by bribing?

Thanks for reinforcing my belief that so far we have been getting leaders who were nothing but mere reflection of ourselves. A populace which was neck deep in corruption,elected a corrupt leader.
    Fortunately, Modi, who is at helm of our country's affairs now, is one person who can never be accused of corruption. Our national character has undergone a metamorphosis.

Mercury and anant_s like this.
  13. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I wouldn't agree here, Vast majority of India's leaders were people who were spoon fed. They had lived good lives, gone to Elite Schools and Collages and had very discriminatory views towards the poor and Middle Class Indians. There was a Swarajya Article were they claimed how states which were not part of the Lutyans group of Dynasties did quiet well, which lead to South India being in a better position than majority of the North Indian States. The very second people elect a party which is not related any any of the Dynasties, the states does well. Orissa under Naveen, Chandrashaker Rao, CBN plenty of other names. I feel due the Lutyans groups and their tentacles in the Media, vast majority of the country until recent history was brainwashed to support them.

Difference being, those leaders who have come from the ground up have usually done quiet well (Lalu and others being an exception). Problem with Dynasty politics is, there is no one better than the Family. IF the family is competent, then the party is competent. But once the family becomes the fool, The Entire party follows through. The reason i prefer BJP, is due to its constant infighting between its leaders, in the end one group of leaders will always win over the others. Its sort of like survival of the fittest, were Modi/Shah was given a chance and the Advani and company was thrown out. A time will come later on either when Modi retires from his job or his dominance is overthrown by someone from his own party...

BlackOpsIndia likes this.
  14. Levina

Levina Guest

So?
    Corruption was rampant till recently be it north or south, dynasty politics or otherwise.

15. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    So ?....I write all this and i get a ...So? :confused:What do you mean ? Corruption is not uniform across India. Dynasties and parties associated to Elites have been far more involved in corruption than other parties. There have been people and leaders in India who have helped the Nation before.

Corruption was rampant because such an environment was created. CxoZ935VIAEq8JT.jpg

Look at the tax rates and tell me who would NOT want to avoid tax. Even the most honest and faithful people would avoid taxes like the plague itself...

ricky123 likes this.