Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Why Prime Minister Narendra Modi has already won the demonetisation gambit

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by anant_s, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Levina

Levina Guest

I meant what i said. So?
    I know. But coruption exists in our society, it is a cultural aspect.
    Lalu Prasad Yadav? Gowda? Pawar? Are they part of dynasty politics?

My point is corruption is a very deep seated tumor in our country. There are no angels here.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016
    Inactive likes this.
  2. anant_s

anant_s Encyclopedia REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    India
    It became a part of our culture and how we go about our daily lives.
    I recall Anna Hazare's speech, where he pointed that we need to change our mindset. Today we have become so accustomed of getting things done or brushed aside by power of money. This ill gotten money however feeds a loop where more money is required to get more immoral/illegal things done and ultimately everyone tries to get into it.
    No wonder we see so much of economic disparity in India as rich have become richer and poor well poorer.
    At some point of time in future, most things owing to power of IT will become extremely transparent and governance will become relatively easier. but unless we are ready to change ourselves, things like this drive will remain painful.

Inactive and Levina like this.
  3. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    So ? ... What am i even supposed to say to that ? You clearly have not tried to read my reply. I won't reply since i will be rehashing my previous comment..

lol..cultural aspect :lol: Its nowhere related to culture.
    Lalu is an exception, Gowda and Pawar was very much linked to the Gandhi family. Even Lalu was politically related to the Gandhi's until they early 2000's when they had a tiff.

Corruption is deep rooted in each and every country where the environment is ripe for it. Africa, Pakistan Bangladesh even USA has corruption but it is in a different form. Corruption is normal, it is nothing new, to take from someone that is not supposed to be yours or trying to save your income. It has been done for thousands of years all over the world. "Corruption" is just a term given to certain unethical practices in an economic system we have created...

BlackOpsIndia likes this.
  4. Levina

Levina Guest

Did i say that India is the only corrupt country in the world?
    Albeit, the pattern tells me that south Asians are accustomed to it.

What are you on about?
    Corruption exists everywhere and there are no exceptions, but India is one of the extremely corrupt countries. No political party in India can claim to be corruption free.
    I do not understand the reason why you're picking on my posts? Prolly you need to read my post #27 once more.

anant_s likes this.
  5. Darth Marr

Country Flag:
    India
    You said it is an Indian cultural thing...............Which it is not..

I am not picking on your posts, i am pointing out saying "India" is corrupt is a bit incorrect. Truth is, Those related to the Lutyans and Gandhi parivar have been extremely corrupt. Those outside of it have done relatively well.

6. Levina

Levina Guest

Yes, we are more corrupt than others.

Think beyond Gandhis.
    When Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi were blamed for being corrupt, do you assume their ministers were not involved?
    Anyways no point dragging this any further.

Ciao

7. Darth Marr

Country Flag:
    India
    Not really :p

Which is why i said, those related to the Gandhi and Lutyans parivar, they created a eco-system where corruption could have been practiced through out the country...
    Any way..Bye

8. Levina

Levina Guest

Do you mean corruption is a mere century old issue in the sub continent?

9. Darth Marr

Country Flag:
    India
    I am talking about post Independence India. Pre Independence, we had our share of patriots and traitors..

10. Levina

Levina Guest

My post was about the larger picture.

Ciao

11. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    And you think it was cuz Indians are most corrupt? Lol.

Fact? is its so? :D I guess we read different history books then.

What are you doing? You are making it a mockery with such expressions and thinking!

After reading your logic I really dont want to engage with you, so you need not waste your reply on this, Peace.

12. Levina

Levina Guest

Just one of the reasons.

Right.
    I can safely assume you dont have anything to counter it.
    Next time do your homework before you quote me.

Ciao. :)

13. Levina

Levina Guest

To give you a few examples>>>

upload_2016-11-20_12-5-9.png

A door that was left open lead to the siege of Golconda>>>
    upload_2016-11-20_12-12-14.png
    upload_2016-11-20_12-37-17.png
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Golconda

More examples

upload_2016-11-20_12-17-7.png

upload_2016-11-20_12-19-46.png

upload_2016-11-20_12-21-40.png

upload_2016-11-20_12-44-26.png

Any comprehension issues?
    When did i say Indians never fought a war? We did and won a few.

Over population leads to excessive competition which subsequently leads to corruption. Thats the logic!
    You see you will find over population, poverty and corruption being mentioned in the same line everywhere because these are related.

Common sense is not so common. Heard?

Pundrick, anant_s and vstol jockey like this.
  14. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I deleted that post and attached a note while deleting it.

Regarding the examples you have quoted, almost all of them are of Mughals who themselves are foreigners, about a fort seizure or a commander rebelling, if this is all the history and wars of India than I can just congratulate you genius. :D and this is specifically why I deleted my post and attached a note to it.

Ever heard of Alexander? Did he won over corrupt Indians? Or the first Muslim invader Muhammad Ghori and how he was defeated? How comfortable you avoided the most important and big battles and pick up some small conflict and repeated the same 2 times to show number of "battles", or first major western invader Alexander and first Muslim invaders are not foreign enough for your "common sense"?

Golkonda Seizure
    Mughals losing Penukonda

you spit out without any fact, why dont you start telling the population of Varanasi the time you think India was world leader in corruption? ohh wait, that will require some facts, why dont we just skip all that and churn out any theory and call it fact. I will present you some facts below not my house made theory:

Corruption Rankings:
    [​IMG]

Population of

North Korea: 25 Million
    Somalia: 11 Million
    Afghanistan: 31 Million
    Sudan : 38 Million
    Angola : 22 Million
    South Sudan: 12 Million
    Iraq : 34 Million
    Libiya: 6 Million
    Haiti: 11 Million
    Guinea-Bissau: 1.7 Million
    Venezuela: 31 Million

So tell me how badly populated these countries are that they rank least in world? Not just this, if you see least corrupt countries you wont find any relation to population, there are some small countries very less corrupt, some very big countries much less corrupt. There is no relation to them unless you want to churn out a theory in free time feeling yourself to be some kind of intellectual.

Also I am still waiting for population of Varanasi or of India when we overtook world in corruption.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016
  15. Levina

Levina Guest

You seem to have a habit of jumping into conclusions. Was it so hard to understand through the examples that bribing was a way to circumvent bigger wars?
    Do you mean to say population is in no way related to corruption?
    Btw did i say over population is the ONLY reason for corruption. Duh.:facepalm:

I guess i'm banging my head against a wall. :lol: