Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

WikiLeaks cables: Rahul Gandhi warned US of Hindu extremist threat

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Osiris, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

How do we know that RG was speaking specifically about that intelligence report? Based on the wikileaks it was a very general statement

As far as I can tell, he did not refer to any particular incident or activity of any group. Rise of radicalism in the majority community is much more dangerous than radicalization in any minority community.

Even though he is an MP he is still entitled to his opinions and can share them with diplomats. Unless and until it can be shown that he knowingly shared classified information with foreign diplomats, this is a non story.

1 person likes this.
  2. Coltsfan

Ok let us not sensationalize the discussion here. Let me repeat it again, he was just sharing his opinion about rise of radicalism with the ambassador. He did not ask for any drone attacks or any US help in that matter.

Do you believe there should be different standards against dealing radicalism depending on if the terrorist is Hindu or Muslim?

1 person likes this.
  3. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

i dot think so

what is his intention of sharing such info with USA?

4. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

You are assuming that there was a report when there is nothing of that sort in the article. What RG did is no different from say--even though the Indian Govt's stated position is that India should not talk to Pakistan until sep 11 justice is delivered, a Kuldeep Nayyar can very well make a pribvate statement that India & Pak should talk. Now if you want to grab at all opportunities to go against him then you can hype up reasons anywhere.

5. Coltsfan

Any basis for not thinking that way, or is it purely speculation on your part?

You make it sound like it was some big secret that he let out of the bag? I repeat it was his personal opinion, it was not some findings of a top secret inquiry commission that he shared. Going by that logic every newspaper editor and columnist would have to get their articles and editorial approved by parliament since foreign diplomats can read them and know their personal opinions.

1 person likes this.
  6. Osiris

@guynextdoor yes of course its a good news as far as i am concerned..

7. Guynextdoor

Oh there are many here who belive that there is lots of 'minority appeasement'. Hindu terror is one such thing. Other stuff include the piddly amount spent on the Haj (while nicely ignoring the Tax emept status Hindu establishments enjoy. I still have'nt understood the arithmetic---if subsidizing Hajj is such a huge loss of exchequer, isn't NOT taxing the Tirupati temple etc. a loss much much much greater?

1 person likes this.
  8. Osiris

Rahul is dividing India on communal lines: BJP

New Delhi: The Bhartiya Janta Party on Friday slammed Congress leader Rahul Gandhi after Wikileaks revealations that he told the US Ambassador that Hindu extremists posed a bigger threat to india than the Lashkar.
    Speaking to CNN-IBN, BJP spokesperson Tarun Vijay lashed out at Rahul saying that he was dividing the country on communal lines.
    "I think Rahul is dividing India on communal lines. He thinks if he speaks against Hindus, Muslims will vote for him in Uttar Pradesh. This is most unfortunate for the country's future," he said.

A livid BJP also said that the Gandhi scion is helping Pakistan's cause.

"He and Digvijay singh have been speaking the language of Pakistan. What he's doing is making Pakistan happier. Rahul is trying to help Kasab to get votes in Uttar Pradesh and this should be properly replied. This is a strategy congress has been using since pre-independence by dividing Hindus and Muslims, creating a phobia of Hindu organisations before the Muslims saying only the Congress can help them," said Vijay.

Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu also criticised Rahul Gandhi saying Congress is playing vote bank politics.

"Congress is dividing the country on the basis religion. Congress is playing vote bank politics. Terrorism has no colour or religion. All types of terrorism should be condemned," said Naidu.

IBNLive-Rahul is dividing India on communal lines: BJP

9. Guynextdoor

Ya I know you call it dynastysim. I call it benign dynastyism coz it stands for all the right things. Plus, the people of India vote them in again and agian. That's all that counts.

10. Guynextdoor

N that too coming from BJP- Joke of the day :lol:

11. Coltsfan

Rahul is helping Kasab get votes? What a preposterous statement.

I am assuming BJP spokesperson came to work drunk or after having some afeem/ganja.

12. Guynextdoor

^^^ Lol :lol: as if they needed Pot to get a high :yu:

13. Osiris

purely minority appeasement because no talks about Islamic or Christian extremism,if u sad that u will be a saffron terrorism huh?

and on bolded part all religious bodies enjoy tax exemption ...and tirupathi temple revenue goes to tirumala devasom which is under govt of andhra pradesh but no minority institution revenue goes to the govt..

14. Coltsfan

@ risk of digressing from original topic. I thought Tirupati was managed by a trust that has a few IAS appointed by Govt. Are you saying that all of revenue of TTD goes to state govt? I seriously doubt that assertion.

15. Osiris

a tweet from Ravi Shankar Prasad on Rahul Gandhi: If Rahul wants to say anything why doesn't he say it in parliament?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.