Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

World Military Strength, The 15 countries with the highest military expenditure

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by santosh, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santosh

santosh Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

i clear it bit more. as per your last post, i just answered that there is 'none' of Chinese Aircraft, fall among the '4++' category like Rafale or EFT Typhoon :wave:

and i also asked you a question, has China developed AESA radar, widely accepted as the first measure of '4++' aircrafts? along with its size, and how powerful radar they developed, and whether that radar is ready to be working with any of their top gun, J10?

from here, J11, a 'clone' of Su27s of 80s, is hardly compared with F16 block30/ Mig29k, a true 4th gen aircraft of 80s :wave:

i would upgrade J10s to '4+' category, but certainly its not as good as the same '4+' category F16 block52 or '4+' Mirage2000-5mk2, we may discuss it also ....

China's Su-30MKK again fall among the '4+' gen aircraft, similar to the India's Su30s bought by late 90s, which has been upgraded too to '4++' Super Sukhoi standard

Su-27, which were cloned by China to J11, is again a true 4th gen aircraft, of comparable to F16 block30 and Mig29k of its time of 80s, hardly :wave:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. santosh

Country Flag:
    India

I dont know how link of the above main news in broke. we have the same list for the year 2011 as below.

can someone help us find the SIPRI list for the year 2013 and 2014? :coffee:

The 15 countries with the highest military expenditure in 2011 (table) — www.sipri.org

3. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    @Averageamerican

Its almost impossible to offend with another country and maintain hold also

look, there are few factors which are the 'deciding' in most of the wars, such as:-

1st; it would be almost impossible for US to invade any of the South American countries. even if the total strength of South American countries as whole won't be match with even half of the military strength of the US....

you can't win over a country whose civilians will first fight with invaders. you can't enter into a country and maintain hold for even short time :wave:

2nd; there can't be a war between 2 nuclear armed nations. even if India has lead of 1000 combat aircraft over the Pakistan's 300 combat aircraft, for example, it doesn't show a victory over Pakistan whose missiles can hit any part of India, similarly Pakistan's every part in on India's hit range.

for example of Kargil war 1999, Pakistan had to vacate every single inch land of India of Kargil region, but Indian military couldn't enter any part of Pakistan after getting the Kargil region back......

you can't enter into another country whose people will first revolt, military strength doesn't show victory over another country, if you have to enter in that certain region....

for example of India's victory over Pakistan, which resulted in birth of Bangladesh in 1972, which then went in control of the people of Bangladesh. Indian military had to back....

3rd; International border can't be changed, even if you talk about small villages of Kazakhstan where military doesn't even visit, or in case of small African countries, "winning-losing" is discussed on the paper only, none of the even villages can be changed in today's world :wave:

4th; and when we talk about winning-losing between militarizes, i would say, if you have to invade a country, it would be impossible for even super power US to win over even Vietnam type so poor country, as in 70s. but if you have to defend yourself, even Pakistan is as powerful that it may defend itself from India+China both, if it is attacked....

Defending your own border against a foreign military is too easy. and offending with another's border is extremely difficult...

4. oikare

oikare Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    Germany have now between 24-28 billion euro in Defence budjet.

Their war the amount is shrunk down and now instead 75,000 officier are this amount they were down by soldiers today over 100,000 soldiers. By last military strenght by 181,620 soldiers. A Couple of hundred soldiers upod from this strenght. Maybe 1000 soldiers died in wars in outside country in between two years.

5. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    History proves you wrong, occupation of Germany and Japan by allies, USSR occupation of eastern Europe. China in Tibet. US never sent troops in to North Vietnam, nor were objectives occupation but defending against spread of communism, domino effect.

6. santosh

Country Flag:
    India

and im talking about the today's world :tsk:
    only you on any forum, who could challenge my last post, i think :facepalm:

hmmm, India won over Pakistan in 1972, making Bangladesh separated, while Kargil war in 1999 remained to this region.India couldonly get its area back,in "today's world". ...

this is not the world where you may offend, and offending in others border, is almost impossible. and its over 100% impossible to maintain hold there:wave:

Tibet region was forcefully occupied by CHina "in 50s" because it was a very small population spread over a big area, CHina transferred a part of its population there to maintain hold,otherwise see, none of others could maintain hold on a country,isn't it?

Germany and Japan was occupied in mid last century and were released after a year,:wave:

USSR occupation on East Europe had the same result in mid last century, you can't maintain hold on another country even in last mid century....

and yes, Vietnam or Iraq is what im discussing in today's world. you gotto live on that region for the period of time you occupy that country, which US couldn't do either in Vietnam in 70s nor in Iraq in 90s :wave:

7. oikare

oikare Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    I thinking by half million in german reserves then maybe 75,000 with or out with Luftwaffe in german defence. My old plannes with 60 Tousand troops in no best for german winning chanche by 1st force.

8. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    Vietnam would be the best option to bring their military personnel to help India
    List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

considering the serious troubles ongoing in India, bodies of a big number of Indian military personnel having occupied by souls of enemy countries like Bangladesh and also Pakistan, i would favor to bring at least 500,000 military personnel of Vietnam from its reserve military force, upward of half million.... India and Vietnam are military allies for many years, it may be one of the best option among all, i think......

and yes, it would come with at least 5,000 language interpreter of Vietnam with 5,000 cooks also :thumb:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  9. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    even if credibility of these analysis is always on doubt, but this is the most regarded source of information in this regard in world at present, as below. and its bit surprised to see Vietnam ranked higher than Brazil here....

Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2015

Vietnamese military strength does have a good influence in South East Asia region, India+Vietnam put good resistance to China in oil search in this region...

Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2015

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.