Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

World top two stealth aircraft by year 2012

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Asfaq khan, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

^^^ anyways asfaq u still believe f15se is stealth..???

2. Paash

Paash Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

^^^^^^^^@flanker143

^
    Do not mess up with him, he may even has links to ISI

3. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

yaa and i just had a tea with the PM and raw chief while discussing the various new pak related policies with the guys....

Sssh now don't whisper it to anyone......it classified.

1 person likes this.
  4. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    On topic guys.

5. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Sorry I have been away on holiday for a while and couldn't log on (cuz I forgot my password :cry:). So I didn't answer to your post until now. Anyway, your question is a valid one but it has a surprisingly easy answer. To be honest, you touched on the topic yourself - it is comparatively expensive to use a Raptor. Hence, unless it is necessary to use it, it will not be used. Now, the expensiveness of the Raptor isn't a particularly strange phenomenon. It is a fact of life that more advanced planes cost more to maintain. For example, I am quite sure that 1st generation fighter aircraft cost very little to fly when compared to a 4th generation one. So, basically the Raptor isn't used because America has other air crafts to do the required job (in Iraq and Afghanistan etc). So, why would they use a Raptor when it costs more? It is kind of like buying a Ferrari and using it to drive your kids to school. It can be done (the Raptor is CAPABLE of the task) but it's just a little silly.

The Raptor was never built to bomb Iraq. It had two main purposes. Firstly, America knew that Russia was going to build a 5th gen fighter soon and wanted to beat them to the punch (unfortunately, a cash-strapped Russia is taking longer than anyone's expectations). So, you WILL see the Raptor flying when the PAKFA is out and if then there is a war between Russia and US (unlikely, I know). Secondly, even against the 4.5+gen fighters, the Raptor is prodigious. If America was fighting an European nation, it COULD obtain air-superiority using its legacy fighters but they would take losses. Raptors would clear the sky with pretty much no losses. This mean that even when some nations built 5th gen aircrafts, USA would still have air supremacy against the rest (as most nations have atleast a few 4th gen aircrafts nowadays). But it's pointless using a raptor to shoot down the defenses in Iraq/Afghanistan that even legacy fighters can do with no losses.

Anyway, I gotta scram so I really hurried through the explanation. Try to understand what I'm trying to say before bashing the ideas. If you think about what I just said and still disagree, it's completely fine - we can discuss it. But it's just annoying when I read your post and realize that you're saying the same things over and over again - makes me feel like it was a complete waste of time trying to explain things.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mike

Mike Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Wrong! The F-35 still has a long way to go. They would be operational not before 2015.

7. Ogannisyan8887

Ogannisyan8887 REGISTERED

8. midgetman

midgetman 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

hmm.. people shouldnt declare PAKFA the better aircraft even before it has entered service.. if history is to repeat, when the su-27 first came out, it was no where in league with the f-15, which at the time had better avionics and armament. i would say eventually the PAKFA will be able to match the f-22 in performance.. but probably not after the first batch.

9. Ogannisyan8887

Ogannisyan8887 REGISTERED

The only thing that first batch will be missing is the final engines, the second batch will get final engines

10. Vritra

Vritra Major ELITE MEMBER

There's conflicting reports on this.

According to the press in general, the final engines will begin production sometime around 2017.

According to those involved in the project, Item 117 was already used on the PAK FA prototype. It is flight capable, and performing well. They're looking to uprate the engine to the defined 175 kN requirement (to give the T-50 the optimum T/W ratio of over 1.2). Which they're sure they can do before serial production begins.

11. Nirmzz

Nirmzz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

whatever issues the raptor has budget or technical, its just the best formidable beast out there and will serve for at least 2 decades on with the USAF. its simply the best out there is all aspects a fight aircraft should be. :smokin:

[​IMG]

12. halloweene

halloweene Major MILITARY STRATEGIST

Nope, not the best in ALL areas as missing networking ;). Still awesome aircraft!

13. halloweene

halloweene Major MILITARY STRATEGIST

Btw F35 crazily increasing costs brought boeing to study some new F22 capabilities including A2G...Would love to see that...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  14. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Dont know the truth till a real confrontation among both of them,
    and we all know which fighters i am talking about :bunny:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.