Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Would have removed West Bengal Election Commissioner if I had the power: Mamata Baner

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Soumya, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soumya

Soumya Major STAR MEMBER

[​IMG]

Kolkata: West Bengal minister Madan Mitra today claimed that if he had the power he would have removed the State Election Commissioner and alleged that it was conspiring with opposition parties in the panchayat polls.

"If I had any power, I could have removed the State Election Commissioner. But unfortunately I have no such power.

The SEC seems more concerned about how to make CPI(M) and Congress winners," Mr Mitra, the Transport Minister, told reporters.

"It took us time to realise the game plan about how the SEC is involved in a conspiracy, taking advantage of loopholes in the law," Mr Mitra said.

Referring to the controversial remarks by party MP Tapas Pal and Birbhum district President Anubrata Mondal, he said, "The panchayat elections claimed many lives, but the SEC hardly thinks about it, but it is more serious about holding press conference about what Anubrata Mondal and Tapas Pal said."

"It is because of the SEC that there is no progress in work in government offices for the last couple of months. Not a single file is moving from one table to another," he said.

Speaking on requisition of bus and other vehicles for the election, Mr Mitra alleged, "If the district administration needs 20 buses, the SEC is directing them to requisition 50 buses. This results in inconvenience to large number of people in the state."

The minister also alleged that the SEC spent over Rs. 1 crore for the case on confrontation with the state government, while the state government hardly spent Rs. 10,000.

Mr Mitra also warned the CPM leader, Gautam Deb, saying, "Wait till the poll results. Where will you stay after that? In Taki or across the border in Bangladesh?"

Would have removed West Bengal Election Commissioner if I had the power: Mamata Banerjee's minister | NDTV.com

It seems like Mamta Banerjee and her fellows have CPIphobia. :crazy_pilot:

2. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Re: Would have removed West Bengal Election Commissioner if I had the power: Mamata B

WHat can we say like psychotic leader like crazy politicians following her.

3. Noobium

Noobium REGISTERED

Re: Would have removed West Bengal Election Commissioner if I had the power: Mamata B

"Madan Mitra" if he could, he would sell out his own mother...

4. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

if people had power .. they would have drowned you in bay of bengal long time ago ...

1 person likes this.
  5. Soumya

Soumya Major STAR MEMBER

People have power but do not have any choice.

6. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

These sort of comments were to be expected. Most of Mamata Banerjee's ministers are morons who are really good at making statements like these, there was another one few days ago about attacking police & other candidates !!

7. Anees

Anees Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

What u expect from this type of brainless people....??

8. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

How long can people be put to these kind of garbage....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.