Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Yogi Adityanath - Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister:

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Guynextdoor, Mar 18, 2017 at 4:49 PM.

1. ranadd

ranadd FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Amen to that brother!!.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  2. Hellfire

Hellfire Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

Sorry, but I believe you are living in a Wonderland.

In India, these are the main issues (perhaps the only issue), because, and here I am sorry for saying this, the Indians have no work, are lazy and do not want to improve themselves.

What else will explain a mosque blaring at 05 am in morning on supposed Azaan? That is supposed to be soft and melodious, in India, it is as if every nook and corner has a loud speaker blaring and trying to drown out the other mosque.

And then we have our other side of drums being tom-tommed at 2 am or 3 am and so called jagratas with loud speakers blaring all night long

Expecting anything from such an idiotic mass is like expecting the mountain to move by itself.

nair, randomradio, madmax613 and 6 others like this.
  3. Flyboy!

Flyboy! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Enjoying the mid life crisis!!

4. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

During every age (yuga) there were the daivik forces which fought the evil dark forces from vishnu avatars to Chandra Gupta Maurya to Ashoka to Prithviraj Chauhan to Rana Pratap, Shivaji, Guru Teg Bahadur, Rani Laxmibai, Mangal Pandey, Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose, Veer Savarkar.

We now have Modi, Shah and Yogi.

Jai Bharat.

5. Flyboy!

Flyboy! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Dude that is because the law is not strong enough in India . And that's exactly my point. Everything in India is based on religion , how do you expect proper governance ? If we base everything on religion , aren't we just like those middle East countries ?? Since childhood we are fed casteism, hate , prejudices, biasness what can we expect of adults ? Ban loudspeakers in mosques , ban loudspeakers during Ganesh visarjans .. sorry boss people those who take decisions don't have the balls because their votes...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 6:27 AM
  6. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain THINK TANK

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Need more CMs like this guy:

7. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Exactly, that's why I was hoping BJP would pick one of their typical candidates like Sinha.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  8. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain THINK TANK

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Spot on bro, thank you for stating what I would hope doesn't need to be said.

+ early 20s here ;)

9. A_poster

A_poster Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

You are forgetting who Modi is and was. He ,too, was a rabble rouser before his 2002 election (check his speeches). He did not have any special skill or ability in policy related matter, does not have a fancy degree, or had administrative experience in 2001 when he first become CM. He was only a good orator who could win votes, an was helped by Godhra train burning. He succeeded because he was honest person ,who patronized civil servants good at their work, valued private enterprise, and was not influenced by others including his parent organization RSS. Development is pretty simple in India. Be a clean person->appoint good civil servants->Let them work while you look after political part of organization. Thus anyone in India ,who is strong enough to garner fear or respect of bureaucracy, wants to develop his state, is a clean honest person, and who does not interfere in bureaucrat's work, or a businessman's business, could succeed in right circumstances.

Yogi Adityanath ,backed by Modi gov at center and massive mandate, could command fear, if not respect of bureaucracy; is incorruptible like Modi; and a strongman. His obvious shortcomings are that he is a motormouth (a bigot frankly), probably not as sympathetic to business (not a Gujju), and being from UP, does not trust civil service. But if he could close his mouth, reign in disruptive elements in RSS affiliates (like Modi did in 2005 when he cut down extremist in of VHP to size), and run a tight ship with help of some chosen civil servants (do same what Modi did), he could become more successful than Modi. Do remember, UP is much bigger than Gujarat, and reward of success here would be much bigger than in Gujarat.

I am circumspect of his appointment as CM because I do not think he is most optimal pick. But I understand the events that could have led to his selection as CM, and being BJP supporter, is willing to give him a genuine chance. He could easily succeed, if he take notes from what Modi did after 2002. One thing that people should be clear about is that he is not RSS pick. RSS pick would have been Keshav prasad maurya who is a pracharak of RSS. Yogi is not a associated with RSS, and his group exist outside RSS heirarchy and control.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 8:24 AM
  10. ranadd

ranadd FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Really? I have heard more Hindu temples with their stupid bashans than any other religions in wee hours. So give it a rest.

11. Hellfire

Hellfire Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

Yeah .. exactly. Indians in stupidity....

Jagrata of all night long ....

Levina likes this.
  12. Levina

Levina NONconfirmist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Exactly my thoughts!
    BJP took so long to come up with a name who could be the CM of UP.
    This guy has been elected 5 consecutive times as MP.
    Add to it the fact that his father Avaidyanath(I hope I got his name right) was also a priest and member of Lok Sabha.
    So I'm sure he knows UP politics better than a lot of ppl out there.

Wow!
    You're a doc. That's news to me and you have no idea how much I admire Gen.Syed ata Hasnain. I must have read almost all the articles that he has written and I follow him on twitter too. @Hellfire ahem! He's one of a kind. Like a typical armyman,his country is primary to him and his religion secondary.
    I have lived in Lucknow for 3 good years of my life so I do know a bit about how it goes in UP. Yes, I also know Muslims who drink and whose siblings are members of BJP.
    One thing's for sure, today BJP is not just associated with right wing Hindus but also with progress.

I must say the declaration of CM did take me by surprise, albeit I was aware that this man would have been given an important post in the cabinet. I expected home ministry.

Grevion and Nilgiri like this.
  13. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Avaidh nath wasn't his father .He was his guru.

Levina and Darth Marr like this.
  14. alok31

alok31 IDF NewBie

15. Levina

Levina NONconfirmist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Not my fault, wikipedia calls Avaidnath as his father.

upload_2017-3-19_9-29-30.png