Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Yogi Adityanath - Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister:

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Guynextdoor, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Yea, that part is wrong, but if you read the rest of his Wikipedia entry it says he was born to a Thakur family in Uttarakhand by the name of Ajay Singh Bisht, and that Mahant Avaidyanath is his *spiritual* father and mentor.

Kalmuahlaunda and Levina like this.
  2. Levina

Levina NONconformist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    I read it when i was still in bed. Sooo
    Thanks for correcting me. :tup:

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  3. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    No problem, everyone's a bit slower without their morning coffee ;)

Levina likes this.
  4. SrNair

SrNair 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is something that we are also looking for .Modi was also portarayed like this before 2014 and far worse than this because of riot.

So far only thing we have seen from NDA is that they gives equal chances to everyone even if they have some majority lineage .
    Rest of the parties follows appeasement policy and BJP is not .That is the difference.

Abingdonboy and Nilgiri like this.
  5. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Can you think of the last time you thought or heard anything positive about Islam? No offense meant bro but i am against painting the whole faith in the same colour just because of a few nutjobs. The word Islamophobia was coined after the west who once was 'best friends with the middle East got the taste of jihadi mujhahideens in the gulf war.

Golden_Rule likes this.
  6. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    They belong to the illustrious tradition of the Nath Yogis ( Nath Sampradaya) also known as Kanphata Jogis ( pierced ear ) with maths across the sub continent .

This particular order being founded by Guru Gorakshanath , has its origins in Shaivaite Tantra ism .Tantric Buddhism , which spread to Tibet owes a lot to these traditions .

Gorakshanath enjoys near mythical status with nearly every linguistic group in the entire sub continent laying claim to his legacy including the Gorkhas of Nepal.

Here's a good example of the high status ge was held in by Muslims too.This is from the immortal Heer Ranjha by Syed Waris Shah( courtesy wikipedia )

Awal-akhir naam Allah da lena, duja dos Muhammad Miran

Tija naun maat pita da lena, unha da chunga dudh sariran

Chautha naun unn paani da lena, jis khaave man banhe dhiran

Panjman naun Dharti Maata da lena, jis par kadam takiman

Chhewan naun Khwaja Pir da lena, jhul pilave thande niran

Satwan naun Guru Gorakhnath de lena, pataal puje bhojan

Athwan naun lalaanwale da lena, bande bande de tabaq zanjiran

Translation

First take the name of Allah and second the Great Muhammad, the prophet (of God)

Third, take the name of father and mother, on whose milk my body thrived

Fourth, take the name of bread and water, by eating which my heart is gladdened

Fifth, take the name of Mother Earth, on whom I place my feet.

Sixth, take the name of Khwaja (Khizr, the Saint), who gives me cold water to drink

Seventh, take the name of Guru Gorakh Nath who is worshiped with a platter of milk and rice

Eighth, take the name of Lalanwala who breaks the bonds and the chains of captives

They also don't believe in the caste system .

Golden_Rule and Nilgiri like this.
  7. HariPrasad

HariPrasad 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No you are wrong. Yogi will not listen to anyone. Yogi is a man of principle. He will put the things in order.

Golden_Rule and Bhoot Pishach like this.
  8. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    But now we want to defeat dark forces so that the dominance of dharma can be established. Jay jay yogi.

Golden_Rule and Bhoot Pishach like this.
  9. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    Immature child, go and teach your philosophy to kashmiri muzzies. When a single stone pelter agrees with you, I too will support you.

10. Aqwoyk

Aqwoyk Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    जो घर पे आज तक अपनी मर्ज़ी से सब्जी तक नहीं बनवा पाते, बता रहे हैं बीजेपी को योगी आदित्यनाथ को सीएम नहीं बनाना था.

AbRaj and HariPrasad like this.
  11. thesolar65

thesolar65 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Bachelor CMs' club has a new entrant in Yogi Adityanath

NEW DELHI: Priest-turned politician Yogi Adityanath+ , 44, who was on Sunday sworn in as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh+ , now joins Trivendra Singh Rawat, 56, (Uttarakhand), M L Khattar, 62 ,(Haryana), Sarbananda Sonowal, 54, (Assam) and 70-year-old BJD chief Naveen Patnaik (Odisha) in the league of singletons running state governments.

Adityanath, the controversial mascot of hardline Hindutva+ , is also the first male bachelor chief minister of the country's most populous state.

And by coincidence barring Patnaik and 62-year-old TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal,) all the chief ministers, who are unencumbered by a family, are from the BJP.

Rawat was sworn in on Saturday and like Khattar is a former RSS pracharak.

Refusing to accept defeat after numerous failures in her quest to dethrone Left front rule in West Bengal, Mamata, a spinster, rose like a phoenix and finally succeeded in unseating the Left Front government in 2011.

She is currently serving her second term.

The firebrand TMC leader often claimed in her public meetings that she has dedicated her entire life to the people of West Bengal and has no time for thinking about herself.

Among the current crop of top politicians, Rahul Gandhi, 46, the scion of the Congress party, BSP chief Mayawati, 61, and senior BJP leader Uma Bharti, 57, are unmarried.

Singlehood can even become an article of pride for politicians.

"I'm of low caste, I'm unmarried, and I'm yours," Mayawati has often proclaimed in her election rallies.

Naveen Patnaik, who is ruling Odisha since 2000, is also known for telling his electorate that unlike the Congress family, there is no danger of his government indulging in family rule as he himself is unmarried and has no family.

Rahul Gandhi when asked about his singlehood ahead of 2014 Lok Sabha polls had replied, "Right now I am engaged in fighting the elections. Unfortunately, I have not been focused on private life".

"Is it two years from now, one year from now?" he was asked.

"When I find the right girl," Gandhi responded. "That means you have not found the right girl?" the reporter asked. "When I find the right girl," Gandhi said again, "I will get married."

Among the other chief ministers, Nitish Kumar in Bihar and Manohar Parrikar in Goa, are widowers.

Abingdonboy and Levina like this.
  12. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

If I'm not mistaken , I read in ToI that T.S.Rawat is married with two daughters .

13. Flyboy!

Flyboy! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Don't assume stuff and talk like a dolt . From all the 1.2 billion people u chose to rant about a handful of stone pelters who have been well dealt with by the army .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  14. Levina

Levina NONconformist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Moral of the story: Singletons do well in politics.

Hehehehe
    That was funny.
    Prolly his last GF ditched him.

Oh!
    That's news to me.

Had Jayalalitha been alive the number of single CMs would have touched six. That's a record in itself.

thesolar65 and Abingdonboy like this.
  15. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-as-uttar-pradesh-cm/articleshow/57722848.cms

Why Narendra Modi and Amit Shah picked Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM

NEW DELHI: Contrary to media reports that Yogi Adityanath was a “surprise” choice as BJP’s chief minister for Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and party chief Amit Shah had always considered the Gorakhpur sanyasi as a strong contender. And RSS had very little to do with the decision.

The reasons were the Yogi’s popularity, political heft, his appeal across castes and his demonstration of discipline in this round of polling. ETspoke to several top BJP leaders for this story. They all spoke on the condition they not be identified.

SURVEYS PICKED YOGI
    Several months before UP’s election campaign started, Shah, a senior leader said, had asked home minister Rajnath Singh whether the latter wants to be BJP’s CM candidate.

Shah told Singh there are only two names, the minister’s and the Yogi’s, as possible CM candidates. The leader quoted above said Singh expressed his reluctance on becoming BJP’s CM candidate and also argued the party should fight polls without formally identifying a face.

But that conversation, this leader told ET, was very early proof of how seriously the Yogi was being considered as a CM choice. And BJP’s top leadership had data to back their preference.

Another leader said every survey commissioned by BJP in UP showed that, among voters at large, Yogi Adityanath was just a point behind Rajnath Singh in terms of acceptance as CM candidate.

And, among BJP supporters, the two were tied. These surveys, and Singh’s unwillingness to come back to UP administration, had made Yogi a strong CM post contender much before UP’s voters delivered a massive verdict for BJP.

That Yogi Adityanath’s stature as a star campaigner helped his case has been mentioned. But that he showed “great discipline” in combating dissent in his stronghold of eastern UP is less well known, another senior BJP leader told ET, adding that the way the Yogi mastered that “political challenge” made him an even stronger candidate for the top job.

This party senior said most of BJP’s ticket distribution hassles were concentrated in the last phases of UP’s 7-phase polls when eastern UP voted. “Several rebel candidates were contesting,” this leader said, “but the Yogi worked very hard and in Gorakhpur, especially, went for door-to-door campaigning. He ensured all rebels lost. No other leader worked this hard or faced more challenges in the election than Yogi”.

Another leader said Modi’s and Shah’s faith in Adityanath was demonstrated when they did not buy into reports that the eastern UP leader was behind some dissenting sections. “No one sought an answer from him. Some of our own leaders thought Adityanath can be a stumbling block for the party in Purvanchal. But Modiji and Shah knew that wasn’t the case,” this leader said.

Plain-speaking, Plain-living A BJP leader from UP recalled how Shah, during the 2014 campaign, had praised the Yogi. “The party chief stayed in the Gorakhpur mutt for a couple of days during the 2014 campaign and was very impressed with Adityanath’s disciplined lifestyle, his attention to those in his care, his plain-speaking and his knowledge of history,” the leader said.

“But most importantly, The Yogi’s contribution to the campaign was most significant. If there was any doubt about his popularity with the cadre, the roadshow with Amit Shah settled it,” the person said.

Yogi, many BJP seniors point out, was the only other BJP campaigner apart from Rajnath Singh who was asked to give speeches everywhere in the state during Modi’s whirlwind 2014 campaign in UP. “Modi and the Yogi flew to Gorakhpur during the campaign,” one leader said, adding the PM and Adityanath have “excellent relations”.

Such was Shah’s faith in the Yogi, another BJP top functionary told ET, that when the party did poorly in state assembly byelections after the massive 2014 Lok Sabha show, the party president didn’t blame the eastern UP leader, who was in charge of bypolls.

Shah, the leader quoted above said, had argued that bypolls favour the party in power in the state and therefore Adityanath could not be blamed.

ALL-CASTE POPULAR
    And the final factor in the Yogi’s elevation was his appeal across castes. As one BJP senior explained it: “Adityanath (a Thakur) is a sanyasi and therefore above caste. And the Gorakhnath peeth has followers largely from backward castes, especially Yadavs…his appeal among backward caste groups is immense.”

Another BJP leader said the vacuum in Brahmin leadership in the Purvanchal region also helped Adityanath succeed, because Brahmins, numerically stronger than Thakurs in UP, extend support to Adityanath.

“The upper caste is with him and his followers are largely backward castes. In that sense Adityanath, unlike Rajnath Singh or Manoj Sinha or even Keshav Prasad Maurya, has appeal cutting across caste,” this leader said. “And many Muslims attend his 9 am to 11 am panchayats in Gorakhpur,” he added.

SANGH NO FACTOR
    Every top BJP leader ET spoke to said RSS had hardly anything to do with picking Yogi Adityanath as CM. One leader said Rajnath Singh was the Sangh’s choice. Another said RSS’ role in BJP’s UP success was limited at best and the Sangh was in no position to put pressure on the party. The same leader said RSS’ internal surveys hadn’t even predicted a thin majority for BJP, let alone a 300-plus tally.

Darth Marr, Levina and Abingdonboy like this.