Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Yogi Adityanath - Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister:

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Guynextdoor, Mar 18, 2017.

1. VCheng

VCheng RIDER REGISTERED

It is an age-old formula across religions around the world.

Grevion likes this.
  2. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think Troll IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    You see i got some good friends with the passes to the CSDs for this very purpose.:LMAO:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    vstol jockey likes this.
  3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Jab daroo bandh ho jayegi toh who kaisay piyengay agar aapko baant dee toh?
    BTW, I do not drink alcohol. I drink ganga water. The water supply in my area of Delhi is from Upper Ganga canal. As per our vedas, anything mixed with Ganga water becomes the water of Ganga. I take my drinks with water or ice only and they are all of ganga water. So jai Bholeynath, Bholey kee fauj karegi mauj.

zebra7, HariPrasad, Steel and 3 others like this.
  4. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    what people say and what they believe is 2 different things.. nobody can stop people of UP from liquor consumption with rajsthan delhi hariyana and nepal on border.

5. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Baatenge nahi. Saath me piyenge.
    Good way to put it mildly. 'Ye daaru thodi na hai, ye to bhole ka prasad hai'.
    That is possible but if Bihar and Gujarat can do it so do UP with a sanyasi as their CM

vstol jockey likes this.
  6. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    bihar has not done it... liqour is available there and so is in gujrat.. so no until people decide for such no one can stop it.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  7. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    There can never be a general consensus on liquor ban. Mafias and nashedis will always be against it but it should be done for the common good of the masses.

8. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    Common good to masses how? No its not mafia which produces liquor but companies with government license.. yes.there are illegal production in small level in several area of.india but they are called illegal for a reason.

You ban something and people go for it.. And then mafia will come into game.. Even if the general image is that people drink and destroy there home.. Its not so much general.. there are very few incidents and all such should be discouraged but why ban common people and let them be pray of mafia..

No my friends liqour can be and should be discouraged but ban is not the option.

People drink for several reasons remove the reasons and drink will be removed.

9. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    A government has no business getting into all that, it's best they stay out of it, let those who want to drink, drink and stick to taxing it. And I can confirm to you that in Gujarat if you want booze, you'll get it. It's honestly too easy.

And btw Mafias are never against liquor bans haha, they make maximum money during prohibition (check any prohibition anywhere in the world throughout history). Liquor bans are like a second Diwali in the same year for mafias.

10. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    While companies produces liquor the bootleggers earns a good fortune by illegally storing or smuggling it. They are a powerful lot in UP with many paid politicians covering up for them.

Tell me what further steps the govt can take to discourage drinking apart from heavily taxing it, constant media campaign about the cons of heavy liquor consumption and creating a general appeal in society against the evils of drinking? What more can be done?

People drink for many reasons. Mostly just for partying or in a reunion with friends. You want to put an end on all that.

11. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    If we call ourselves as belonging to Vedic traditions, Why ban alcohol? It has always been part of Vedic traditions.

12. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    I am a drinker why would i put an stop on drink.. But lets open a new thread and discuss it there without more derailing this one.

Grevion and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  13. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    The people who this "social evil" argument applies to are people who will be drinking cheap, illegal desi daru anyways. The real solution isn't banning alcohol; it's legalizing alcohol, taxing it, and focusing on shutting down "moonshine" makers and distributors.

Himanshu Pandey likes this.
  14. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Exactly. The govt should just stick to taxing it or a complete ban on open sales of liquor. You can still walk into a bar and can order a booze, people are preferring it nowadays anyway.
    Here in Rajasthan the Vasundara govt opened subsidized govt liquor shops around every corner. That's why she lost in 2008 assembly elections. That's the kind of stuff I am totally against.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  15. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No this will be a one tine help to get them ride of their Slaughtering business. We should help them so that they may not return to that dirty business.