Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Your Gadget Guru - IDF

Discussion in 'Education & Research' started by Manmohan Yadav, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i wont be buying it, i am going for Aakash Tablet Commercial Version

1 person likes this.
  2. jack

jack FULL MEMBER

Samsung Galaxy Note Launch on Nov 2 in India

[​IMG]

Samsung is all set to launch its new large-screen mini-tablet like smartphone Galaxy Note in India on November 2. The company will also live stream the launch event from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm on next next Wednesday.

The Galaxy Note has a 5.29 inch display. The phone is powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM and will run on Android 2.3 OS. The smartphone has an 8 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera. It will have an internal memory of 16 GB, it will have an microSD card slot for increasing the storage capacity upto 32GB.

While Samsung has not yet reveled its price in India, the phone is set be launched in UK with an price tag of around of £594.

Link:Tech Zilon: Samsung Galaxy Note Launch on Nov 2 in India

1 person likes this.
  3. jack

jack FULL MEMBER

the transformer 2 is like a laptop and comes with a powerful Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor....
    the difference is also big between prime & aakash, they don't fall in d same category

4. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    i never compared those two,
    those two are from completely different worlds.

5. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Cut this crap, Get a Kindle Fire. Its worth every penny.

6. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    are you talking about Aakash / Ubislate7 ???

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  7. Skull and Bones

Country Flag:
    India

Will be priced around 10K.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  8. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    oh this, i though you were talking in metaphor :happy:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  9. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    I dont really intend to buy a Tab for entertainment,
    my aim is solely on office use,
    if it meets those requirements,
    thats good enough.

i have my PC for entertainment :happy:

1 person likes this.
  10. Skull and Bones

Country Flag:
    India
    Then Aakash is definitely not for you, reading PDF files in resistive touch screen is a pain. I'm gonna settle for iPAD this time, the only tablet i can look forward to for education purpose.

11. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    my office files are mostly xlsx, docx format
    since there aren't many computer literates in my office,

and they definitely can't use Acrobat Professional,
    it needs a bit expert training.

so it wont be a prob.

12. jack

jack FULL MEMBER

Samsung Will Launch Flexible Phone Next Year

[​IMG]

Samsung will sell flexible phones from next year, the Samsung Galaxy Skin is the smartphone which will bend around a cylinder with a 1 inch diameter. The phone will have an AMOLED display that will be flexible and almost unbreakable.

The key material of this new technology is ‘graphene’. Research by scientists from Columbia University has established that ‘graphene’ is the strongest material in the world, some 200 times stronger than structural steel according to the research. This new technology also allows the phone to be used as a mouse, a clock or a wrist-watch.

The Galaxy Skin will have high-resolution 800×480 flexible AMOLED screen, eight megapixel camera and a 1.2GHz processor which will be powered by 1Gb of RAM. Samsung has not yet disclosed the device’s operating system, but there have been rumors about Jelly Bean Google’s next Android release after Ice Cream Sandwich which will run the phone.

Link:http://techzilon.blogspot.com/2011/10/samsung-flexible-phone-launch-in-next.html

1 person likes this.
  13. jack

jack FULL MEMBER

Porsche Design BlackBerry Phone Launched

[​IMG]

Porsche Design and Research In Motion (RIM) announced the elite new Porsche Design P’9981 smartphone from BlackBerry. Designed by Porsche Design, in collaboration with RIM, the luxury brand’s first smartphone delivers engineered luxury and performance.

This customized Porsche Design P’9981 comes with an exclusive Porsche Design UI and a bespoke Wikitude World Browser augmented reality app experience. It will have a forged stainless steel frame, hand-wrapped leather back cover, sculpted QWERTY keyboard, and crystal clear touch display.

Coming back to specs the smartphone has an MSM 8655 1.2 GHz processor, a new BlackBerry 7 OS, 5MP camera with HD video recording and 4x digital zoom, 24-bit high resolution graphics, and advanced sensors enabling new augmented reality applications. It comes with 8GB of on-board memory, expandable up to 32GB with a micro SD card. The BlackBerry P’9981 will be available in Porsche Design Stores by the end of this year for about $2000.

Link:TechZilon: Porsche Design BlackBerry Phone Launched

14. jack

jack FULL MEMBER

Nokia Unveiled Its Flexible Smartphone

[​IMG]

Nokia showed off its flexible OLED smartphone along with Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 during the Nokia World event. This smartphone is called Nokia Kinetic Device. The feature of this smartphone is that it can bend and is very flexible and a UI that is wholly dependent on the way in which users interact with it, specifically by bending and twisting it to navigate its various functions.

This flexibility can be used in order to maintain and control the various levels of interface. Other path breaking features of this device is that it is water proof in nature which means that this device is expected to work fine even in water surface as well. We can zoom in or zoom out any images or pages in that device by bending the phone.

Since its still in its prototype phase the phone dint have an camera, GPS or a touchscreen, the navigation was through bending of the phone through files and photos.

Link:TechZilon: Nokia Unveiled Its Flexible Smartphone

15. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    Definitely not buying, 2000$ :secret:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.